The College Development Committee (CDC) formulates long term and short-term development programme for the college to achieve academic excellence in tune with the policies of the University. The College Development Committee (CDC) Council consists of the Principal as the Chairperson and all the Heads of the Departments as members.
Composition for the Session 2019-20
Mrs.A.Maria Pius Pachelli
HOD, Micro Biology
RESPONSIBILITIES OF COLLEGE DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Arranging teaching requirements for successful completion of academic programs of the college and decide about the overall teaching programmes or annual calendar of the college
- Prepare an overall comprehensive development plan of the college regarding academic, administrative and infrastructural growth, and Enable College to foster excellence in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- It suggests measures for achieving academic excellence in all faculties of studies by way of providing quality education to the students.
- Recommend to the management about introducing new academic courses and the creation of additional teaching and administrative posts
- It prepares plan of action for organizing meetings, workshops, seminars and awareness campaigns under extension activities involving the students, the staff and the people from various institution.
- Take review of the self-financing courses in the college, if any, and make recommendations for their improvement
- Make specific recommendations to the management to foster academic collaborations to strengthen teaching and research
- Make specific recommendations regarding the improvement in teaching and suitable training programmes for the employees of the college
- Formulate proposals of new expenditure not provided for in the annual financial estimates (budget)
- Discuss the reports of the Internal Quality Assurance Committee and make suitable recommendations
- Recommend the administration about appropriate steps to be taken regarding the discipline, safety and security issues of the college or institution
- Prepare the annual report on the work done by committee for the year ending on the 30th June and submit the same to the management of such college.
- To ensure that all the Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff maintain a Log-Book
- Prepare reports of various activities and achievements and submit the copy of reports/photographs to college IQAC and News Letter, Magazine and Website Committee.