About - Department of Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science was established in the year 1999 with UG programme B.Sc. Computer Science to nurture fresh talent in the field of Information Technology. To accomplish the need of IT sector, it started BCA in 2000. The Department was upgraded into a post graduate stream in the year of 2003. It is committed to provide a supportive, friendly and challenging learning environment and to impart quality education in the sub fields of IT, a field growing leaps and bounds.. Moreover, it endeavours to establish itself as a centre of excellence in teaching and research to produce skilled human resource for sustainable nation’s growth and having technological impact on the people’s life. The department has a well-equipped laboratory and a reference library for the benefit of staff and students. The department comprises of well qualified and dedicated faculty members who are specialized in the areas like Web Technology, Database Management Systems, Java, Data Mining and Networks. The faculty members have very strong academic credentials. Keeping this in the view the department regularly organizes various seminars, conferences and workshop etc., for the benefit of faculties and students in the area of Information Technology. The Faculty of the department also attend frequent training programmes which help them to handle constantly changing technological trends. The academic performance of the department is outstanding. The department of computer science strive hard to create an ambience of academic excellence.
To be in the frontier of computer science and applications to produce globally competent graduates and professionals with innovative ideas, skills and moral values to build a vibrant nation.
- To provide quality education to meet the need of profession and society.
- Provide a learning ambience to enhance innovations, problem solving skills, leadership qualities, team-spirit and ethical responsibilities.
- Establish Industry Institute Interaction program to enhance the entrepreneurship skills
- Provide exposure of latest tools and technologies in the area of information technology.
- To inculcate value-based, socially committed professionalism to the cause of holistic development of students and society
- To produce undergraduates with strong foundation in modern Computing Science who are able to apply the principles of theory to practice
- To equip students with the fundamental understanding and practical skills needed by the IT industry
- To enable students demonstrate the ability to extend the current knowledge and skills to a computing environment.
- To produce employable IT workforce that will have sound knowledge of Science and Technology
- To provide a wholesome educational environment, a platform for the students to reinvent themselves and launch into the technological and scientific arena together with human values.
- To provide quality education, by imparting in-depth subject knowledge, practical exposure and training in cutting – edge technologies to face the demands of the growing IT industry.
- To train the students as application developer.
- To provide knowledge on current trends in the field of computer application and to bring out competent professionals who can adapt to the changes in the industry.
- To bring out and encourage the logical, analytical, creative programming skills of the students and to give complete understanding of the latest tools and technologies .
- Department of Computer Science conducts seminar, guest lecture, Industrial visits under the Association named “TECHNOSIS”.
- Weekly activities are conducted to enhance the skill of the students and it enables the creativity of the young mind.
Graduates can start up their career in either Government sector or private sector since there are a lot of employment opportunities in both these sectors. This degree helps the students to get a sound knowledge on computer applications with the help of which they can have a perfect launch pad for challenging career in the field of information technologies as,
- System Engineer / Software Developer in the top IT firms like Infosys, TCS, Amazon, Wipro, Accenture, Google.
- Programmer in various software development firms.
- Web Developer in various web designing firms and online digital marketing companies.
- System Administrator in an organization including a bank, school or college.