Department of Biotechnology was established in 2005. Currently the department offers Undergraduate program with an intake of 55. The department aims to impart quality training with distinctive proficiency of merging Engineering principles with biological systems.
Vision of the Department:
To be a centre of excellence in the field of biotechnology equipped to create graduates who endeavour for the welfare of mankind.
Mission of the Department:
- To impart quality education for life long professional growth and opportunity in a wide range of Careers.
- To create awareness towards socio-ethical implications of potentials of biotechnology.
Programmed Educational Objectives:
- Graduates will be successful professionals in Biotechnology and allied field.
- Graduates will pursue higher education with synergistic combination of the skills of biologists and engineers.
- Graduates will work in multidisciplinary team and will be socio-ethically responsible.
Value Added Courses:
Certificate courses are conducted by department to enrich student’s knowledge.
|Semester||Major Paper||Allied Paper||Main Practical||Allied Practical||Electives|
|I||Cell Biology||Microbiology||Cell Biology||Microbiology||-|
|II||Molecular Development Biology||Chemistry||Molecular Development Biology||Chemistry||-|
|IV||Plant Biotechnology||Biophysics and Biostatistics||Plant Biotechnology||-||-|
|V||Animal and Medical Biotechnology, Immunology, BioInformatics||-||Animal and Medical Biotechnology, Immunology, BioInformatics||-||Pharmaceutical Biotechnology|
|VI||Genetic Engineering, BioProcess Technology||-||Genetic Engineering, BioProcess Technology||-||Microbial Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology|
Scope of Biotechnology:
- Graduates will apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering concepts to solve problems pertinent to Biotechnology
- Graduates will be able to identify problems related to biotechnology, analyze and derive valid conclusions with fundamental knowledge in biology, Engineering and computation.
- Graduates will be able to design solution to problems by applying suitable components and processes within the safety constraints for environmental & societal needs.
- Graduates will be able design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data for investigating problems in BT and allied fields.
- Graduates will be able to select and apply appropriate tools and techniques in biological manipulation, Process engineering and data interpretation.
- Graduates will be able to apply reasoning to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and understand his responsibilities in biotechnological engineering practices
- Graduates will be able to understand the potentials, and impact of biotechnological solutions on environment and societal context and need for sustainable solution.
- Graduates will have understanding of regulatory norms and ethics in BT product/processes development.
- Graduates will be able to work individually and as a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Graduates will possess oral and written communication skills.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of engineering and management principles.
- Graduates will have contemporary knowledge in biotechnology and will have the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Research assistant
- Clinical Research Assistant